What is teeth in a day?
Teeth in a day is a term which refers to a full dental implant, including abutment and crown, which is completed all on the same day. The term teeth in a day typically refers to replacing all of your teeth with all-on-four dental implants in one day. However, it can also be applied to replacing a few teeth or even a single tooth with implants and crowns in one day. As long as you receive your dental implant fixture, abutment and crown all in one day, this qualifies as teeth in a day.
Why is teeth in a day so popular?
Essentially, teeth in a day expedites traditional dental implant therapy. Traditional dental implant therapy requires several months, sometimes even years, to complete all of your treatment. With teeth in a day, you will receive one or more dental implants and crowns all on the same day. This way, you get to walk out of your dental appointment with actual fixed teeth in your mouth.
Am I a candidate for tooth in a day?
Before you set your heart on teeth in a day, it’s important to find out if you’re a candidate. The first step is to find an implant dentist who offers tooth in a day treatment. You will most likely have to do some shopping around, as only a small percentage of dentists offer this treatment. This is because only very experienced implant dentists are capable of performing successful tooth in a day treatment. The next step is to find out if you actually qualify for teeth in a day. Your dentist needs to make sure your jaw bone is strong enough to support same day implants. Plus, he or she has to make sure that there are no medical contraindications to implant and extraction treatment. Here is a list of scenarios which are ideal for tooth in a day procedure:
If you’re without teeth and looking for fixed all-on-four teeth, then teeth in a day is a great option for you. Most people without any teeth are candidates for teeth in a day treatment. So long as your jaw bone is strong enough to support your dental implants, you will be able to receive your dental implants and teeth all on the same day.
Broken Front Tooth
Teeth in a day is a perfect option for replacing a single broken front tooth with dental implant. After all, no one wants to walk around with their front tooth missing for months! With teeth in a day, your dentist will extract the broken tooth, insert the dental implant, add a temporary abutment and crown all in the same day. This means that you get to walk out of your visit with your front tooth in place.
Missing Back Tooth
Tooth in a day is usually not a good option for replacing your back teeth. This is because back teeth, as opposed to front ones, take excessive biting pressure. As a result, loading dental implants immediately in the back area can lead to implant failure. For back teeth, teeth in a day is only a viable option when the tooth has already been missing for a long time. Talk to your dentist to see if you can replace your back teeth with tooth in a day or if it’s best to go for traditional implant therapy instead.
What are the pros of teeth in a day?
There are many benefits to teeth in a day, which is why they are so popular. Here are a few benefits of tooth in a day over traditional dental implant therapy:
- Same day results: Traditional dental implant therapy takes several months, sometimes even years, to complete. On the other hand, teeth in a day gives you teeth in just one day. Keep in mind, sometimes these teeth are temporary and need to be replaced with permanent ones in the near future. Nevertheless, you get to walk out of your dental appointment with fixed teeth in your mouth immediately after your surgery.
- Fewer dental appointments: Dentists who offer teeth in a day generally perform several visits worth of treatment within just a single appointment. As a result, you will require fewer dental appointments. Plus, fewer appointments translates to less pain and discomfort!
- More affordable: Tooth in a day treatment typically costs less than traditional dental implant therapy. Most dentist charge less when completing all of your treatment in one day with the same dental provider. With traditional dental implant treatment you have to see multiple dental specialists. This usually means you’ll have to spend more time and money to get the same results.
What are things to consider before getting teeth in a day?
If you are interested in getting teeth in a day, you must do some research in advance. Here are some things to watch out for if you’re looking for teeth in a day treatment:
- Finding a good provider: The first step is to find a qualified implant dentist who offers teeth in a day. It turns our that this might be your biggest challenge. After all, not every dentist performs teeth in a day treatment. Only very experienced implant dentists are capable of performing successful tooth in a day therapy. Do some research and talk to your friends and family to find a reliable and experienced implant dentist. Afterwards, schedule an implant consultation to see if you’re a good fit for each other.
- Finances: Since your implant dentist will perform most or all of your treatment in one day, he or she will expect full payment in advance. Luckily, most implant dentists offer affordable monthly financing options to help you out. If you’re interested in financing treatment, be sure that you have good enough credit. Otherwise, you will have to find a co-signer or come up with other payment arrangements.
- Modifying diet and oral hygiene habits: There are very strict rules that you need to follow after tooth in a day therapy. For example, you must stick to a strict soft diet for several weeks or even months afterwards. This means no chewing on hard objects such as bread, fruits, vegetables or steak. Additionally, you must avoid using an electric toothbrush or Waterpik on the area where dental implants were placed. Finally, smoking and tobacco products are strictly prohibited for the next few weeks.
Following post-op instructions after teeth in a day treatment is very important to the success of your dental implants. If you fail to follow these instructions, your dental implants will likely fail! Should this happen, your tooth in a day treatment now becomes a 6 to 18 month long journey. If you don’t see yourself being able to comply with these instructions, you’re better off going for traditional dental implant therapy instead.
Tooth in a day in Orange County
We offer teeth in a day treatment ranging from single dental implants to all-on-four teeth in a day. If you’re looking for teeth in a day treatment and reside in or near San Clemente, be sure to give us a call. You can schedule your complimentary consultation at (949) 481-2540 or book your appointment online today. Don’t postpone treatment any longer, call us today to see how easily teeth in a day can transform your smile and improve your quality of life.