- What are porcelain veneers?
- What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
- Should I get porcelain veneers?
- How many porcelain veneers do I need?
- What is the process of receiving porcelain veneers?
- Porcelain veneers in San Clemente.
Porcelain veneers are thin coverings your dentist places on top of your front teeth to restore their youthful appearance. Dentists use veneers to correct many imperfections such as cracked teeth, deep stains, minor gaps and tooth discolorations. By placing veneers on your teeth, you can reverse damage done to your teeth over the years. In fact, porcelain veneers are one of the most frequently used treatments in cosmetic dentistry.
Porcelain veneers are custom made to enhance and beautify your smile. Since veneers are very thin, similar to a contact lens, they preserve more of your own tooth structure. Since veneers are made from high-quality ceramics, there is no unsightly metal to create a mismatch. As a result, they perfectly match your natural teeth and blend in beautifully to enhance your smile.
This is a personal question that only you can answer. If you’re looking to get a Hollywood smile, then most likely the answer is yes. But not everyone gets porcelain veneers just to have a perfect smile. Many of us have yellow, stained and broken teeth due to wear-and-tear, grinding and other damaging forces. Porcelain veneers may just be the solution to fix these damaged teeth while enhancing their beauty at the same time.
The number of veneers you need to restore your smile depends on your specific needs:
- You may only have a single front tooth which was chipped or discolored. In these cases, a single veneer typically solves your problem.
- There might be a small gap between your front two teeth that you want to close without going through braces. Typically, placing two to four veneers closes these minor gaps and beautifies your smile.
- You might have several front teeth which have cracked and stained due to poor diet, teeth grinding or aging. These cases require multiple veneers, typically 6 to 10 of them. By placing multiple veneers, you can bring back the white, straight smile which you’ve been missing.
A typical treatment takes about a month or two. Here are the steps involved in placing porcelain veneers on your teeth:
- Cosmetic Consultation: The first step in receiving veneers is a consultation with your cosmetic dentist. Your dentist needs to access your teeth and evaluate your bite to see if you’re a good candidate. Typically, those with a heavy bite, grinding habits and severe malocclusions are not good candidates for veneers and should explore alternative options.
- Teeth Preparation: Once it is determined you are a good candidate, an appointment is scheduled to prepare your teeth for veneers. During this visit, you dentist will prepare your teeth for the restoration, take impressions and make you temporary teeth. Usually the temporaries are connected as one piece so they don’t fall out. However, your permanent teeth will be separate so you can continue flossing in between them
- Delivery: Your porcelain veneers are fabricated in a dental laboratory. The process typically takes 2 to 3 weeks. Your dentist will try the veneers to see if you like them. This is your opportunity to comment on the color and shape of your veneers. Minor adjustments can be made chair-side but major changes require a trip back to your dentist. It is important that you love your new teeth, so work with your dentist to ensure you both like the shape, color and feel of your new teeth.
- Follow-up: Most dentists typically recommended a few weeks to see how you are liking your new teeth. During this visit, your dentist will review your hygiene, check your bite and look for any residual cement left behind. Generally, this is a simple and quick visit..
Call us to learn more about porcelain veneers or to see if you’re a candidate. We can be reached at (949) 481-2540 or book your cosmetic consultation online today. During your consultation our dentist, Dr. Jazayeri, will explain everything you need to know about cosmetic veneers. We will access your smile to see how we can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. Come in today and discover how cosmetic dentistry can change your smile and life forever.
To learn more about other related cosmetic dentistry procedures, click on the following links: